February 2020 Monthly Favorites

March 2, 2020

Oh hey... how are ya?!  Lets address the elephant in the room-- her name is "My Absence."  I apologize.  Some of you care and some of you don't, but I just want to say to those that do-- I'm sorry!  This is a place where I can get my creative juices flowing and talk about the stuff I love the most and I can't tell you how happy it makes me when other people like to talk about it too!  It makes me sad when I don't post on here consistently because I feel like I'm letting myself down and those that enjoy the same things that I do as well.

So, I think I want to jump back in with an easier topic which is all what I was loving during the month of February, 2020.  We can all agree that January was a tough year, so we are just going to ignore her.  February, 2020, is where it's at!  During this month I discovered some things I loved, some things I hated and some things I forgot that I loved.  Let's get into it!
Hi!  The mirrors in the dressing rooms at Anthropologie are a favorite too :)
Home:
I really bumped it up this year with my vanity setup.  I got an amazing mirror gifted to me for Christmas by my Mom and it has made my morning GRWM's so much better!  It has three different colored light settings and can dim and brighten at the touch of a button!  Now, if the weather is gloomy in the mornings or I'm glamming it up for a night on the town I have the perfect lighting.  I feel like a glamorous beauty guru with all of the bells and whistles.  Get ready for more #motd posts!

Food:
In January I started the #ketodiet and have been trying to find alternatives for my starchy cravings.  One of the things I randomly started craving was pancakes.  I can tell you that, in my adult life, I have only ever made pancakes once.  I had been researching a bunch of different keto bloggers and instagrams and came across a couple that calls themsleves "KetoConnect."  They have a ton of different recipes on their feed and their YouTube, but something that caught my eye were their reviews of different "keto" friendly foods.  I watched a video where they reviewed the brand Birch Benders and their Keto Pancake mix.  They had said that it was one of their favorites, so I decided to give it a try.  I doctored it up a little and added some cinnamon and vanilla extract.  They were so good!  I have repurchased three times and will continue to repurchase!  They are 5 net carbs for a serving and totally worth it to me!  There are more products by that brand that I would love to try, but for now these are perfect for me!
Click here to purchase!


Makeup:
I have been on the hunt for the last month to find a replacement for my favorite foundation, Covergirl's Vitalist Healthy Elixir.  They discontinued this foundation and my heart broke!  I went out and bought three bottles when I heard and I am at the tail end of my last one!  So, I went on a search for a new foundation and tried a few out during this month.  The first one I tried was the it!Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination with SPF 50+.  I liked it, but it was a little TOO dewy.  Then I tried the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Stick Foundation.  I have never used a stick foundation and was curious to see if I would like it.  I have tried a few different ways applying it and I think I have found the holy grail of applications:
  1. Smashbox Primer Water ($25)
  2. elf Poreless Putty Primer ($14)
  3. Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation mixed with the it!Cosmetics CC+ Cream ($46 & $44) applied with a dampened Real Techniques beauty sponge.
So far, this has been the most flawless finish that I have had.  It is so beautiful!  I may do a quick GRWM on my IGTV one day.  Comment below if you would like to see that!  


Hair:
It is no secret that I am a big fan of not washing my hair every day.  I am lucky if I get more than one wash in per week.  Dry Shampoo is my jam and my favorite is the Detox Dry Shampoo by Dry Bar.  After not washing for a week and using a ton of products my scalp could use a little pampering.  I was looking for a gentle detox shampoo and came across a scalp scrub at Target by the brand Love Beauty and Planet.  As a brand, LBP boasts the following:

The scalp scrub is part of the "Delightful Detox" line by Love Beauty and Planet.  I don't have the regular shampoo or conditioner, but the scrub has been amazing!  I feel like I am getting all of the weekly gunk out of my hair and my scalp feels refreshed every time!  I may be making this up, but I feel like I get more time after a wash before I need another one with this scrub.  After I use the scrub I follow it up with a hydrating conditioning treatment and my hair feels amazing!  I get more volume, which I love, and this has become a staple in my routine.  Click the link below the picture if you want to give it a try!
Click Here

Lifestyle:
After starting Keto I realized the importance of vitamins and keeping up with my nutrients.  I had seen a ton of advertisements for the Care/of vitamin packs that are curated just for you.  I decided one day to take the quiz and see what they recommended me.  The quiz was super easy and took only a few minutes.  I had a code that gave me 50% off, so I decided to give it a whirl.  Here is what was recommended to me and why:

I'm fascinated!  I have only been taking them for a little while, but so far I'm pleased.  The individual packets are so easy!  I have a code that will give you $40 off your first order, so if you are interested in trying your own Care/of vitamins click here to take the quiz.

Fashion:
Y'all... these shoes are ridiculous and I know it, but they are so beautiful!  I got them to wear for a work event in March and I cannot wait.  They are going to look so good with the pink dress I rented from Rent the Runway  Have you ever used RTR?  If you haven't it is an amazing site where you can rent designer dresses for an insane discount and then return them!  It is the perfect solution for weddings, cocktail events, formal affairs... so much easier than paying an arm and a leg for a dress that you will likely only wear once!  I have used it for the last 3 weddings I've attended and the last 5 years of my company's awards event!  If you click here you can save $30 on your first rental!
@LashesandLeggingsBlog on Instagram

Is there anything that you've discovered over the last few weeks that you have fallen in love with?  There are so many other things that I could ramble on about (Love is Blind is one of those things-- don't get me started!), but I think this lineup is pretty great!  All of them bring a little smile to my face.  Let me know what some of your favorite things have been in the comments below!

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for myself to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.