January Monthly Favorites

January 29, 2019

Can you believe we are already one month in to 2019?  I can't-- It feels longer.  I saw a meme on IG today that said "It feels like January 74th" and all I can say is FACTS!

I am a YouTube junkie (Hello, my name is Carlye and I have a problem) and I have always loved watching monthly favorite videos.  I like seeing what people choose as their favorite things each month and have even gotten some of my own favorite things from these videos!  I am not going to make a video, but thought it could be fun to make a list here each month that showcases some of my favorite things and hope that maybe they can spark an interest for you and maybe they will become some of your favorite things too!

One of the main criteria of a good favorites video is to cover all bases-- I like covering a wide variety of categories!  So, I decided that I would pick one thing as my favorite in each category:

Home:
I have been verrrry into candles over the last few months and of course hit up the BBW candle day sale for some seasonal favorites. They usually have different sales throughout the year that you can catch and during one of those sales I saw a gorgeous candle stuffed in the back of a shelf.  The outside was beautiful, but I wasn't sure if I was going to like the scent.  Y'all-- Pistachio Ice Cream smells so damn good!  It throws a strong scent, but that is fine with me!  It is incredible.  The notes are roasted pistachio, almond extract and vanilla extract.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this candle, but just take my word for it.  You need this in your life!

Food:
I had never shopped at a Trader Joe's before I moved to Baltimore and I didn't know what I was missing!  Everything is so delicious, but I discovered their Mediterranean Style Orzo Pasta Salad and it is so good!  It is a cold pasta salad and when paired with some grilled chicken is lunch time perfection!  It's got spinach, sun dried tomatoes, feta and a yummy dressing.  It has become one of my favorite things to pack for lunch.
Photo Cred: Become Betty Blog
Makeup:
I got a few eyeshadow palettes for Christmas and they are all gorgeous!  I got the Jeffree Star Cosmetics "Blood Sugar" palette as a little gift to myself this year and recreated one of my favorite looks by Jaclyn Hill.  I have never worn bright colored shadows like these and was very impressed by the pigmentation and quality of the shadows.  I've never bought anything from JSC, but this has convinced me that I may need more in my life!
Hair:
I've mentioned previously on my blog that I recently dyed my hair!  I bought a color correcting shampoo when I was leaving the salon that day and liked it, but noticed that my hair wasn't getting AS blonde as I would like it to be when I was washing.  I found a new brand at Target that had a color correcting product called Kristin Ess "The One" Purple Shampoo.  I knew that purple shampoos were supposed to help reduce brassiness and I had read a lot of reviews about this new line of hair care products and wanted to try it out.  I have loved this product from the day I started using it!  Purple shampoos can be a bit drying, so make sure to only use this once or twice a week.  Did I mention that it is sulfate free?  
Kristin Ess range at Target
Television:
I know that most people have probably cut regular cable out of their lives and are mainly Hulu and Netflix users.  I haven't cut that chord just yet, but I have discovered some gems on both platforms that have become favorites.  My most recent discovery (Thank you, Chelsea) is the new Netflix original series "Sex Education."  This show is funny, thought provoking, sweet, raw and just plain amazing.  The premise of the show:

"Socially awkward high school student Otis may not have much experience in the lovemaking department, but he gets good guidance on the topic in his personal sex ed course -- living with mom Jean, who is a sex therapist. Being surrounded by manuals, videos and tediously open conversations about sex, Otis has become a reluctant expert on the subject. When his classmates learn about his home life, Otis decides to use his insider knowledge to improve his status at school, so he teams with whip-smart bad girl Maeve to set up an underground sex therapy clinic to deal with their classmates' problems. But through his analysis of teenage sexuality, Otis realizes that he may need some therapy of his own."

I watched all 8 episodes during a four-day off stretch and cannot wait until season 2 (fingers crossed it gets renewed).  Do yourself a favor and watch this show!  It may be a bit awkward if someone walks in and sees the show out of context, but it does make for a hilarious story!


Keepsake:
Every year my friends and I do a Secret Santa gift exchange and this year my roommate, Kate, had me!  She got me a limited edition magnum of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (#1 condiment/dip) and cross-stitched a Golden Girls sampler.  When I tell you that I am obsessed with these gifts-- girl!  They were so perfect!  I have already cracked open the magnum of Ranch and the sampler is prominently displayed on a shelf in my room.  I love them-- thank you, Kate!


I know that this isn't everything that I loved from the month of January, but I think its a good mix!  Is there anything that you discovered this month that you have become obsessed with and have to share with the world?  Please share below so I can join your obsession!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.