Kristin Ess Amethyst Temporary Tint Review

February 4, 2019

So, I was in Target and got suckered into trying something new.  I use the Kristin Ess "The One Purple Shampoo" and love it, but I haven't tried any of her other products.  I have seen their temporary rose gold hair tint each time I've visited and, as much as I would love to try it, I never grabbed it.  Well, this weekend I saw that she added a new product and I fell for it.  The range now includes an Amethyst Temporary Tint and I was intrigued.  I already use the purple shampoo to get an ashier tone to my blonde, so what would adding a little lavender do?  I wanted to see!  Markiesha-- don't look! You did an amazing job with my Mushroom Brunette and I don't want you to see that I used an at home product!

On the website the product is advertised as:
Amethyst Temporary Tint

AMETHYSTTEMPORARY TINT

I’m always looking for ways to play with pastel tones in the hair. This is the first ever in-shower watercolor that creates a temporary tone on wet hair, and rinses out in 2-4 washes, depending on the porosity of your hair. The intensity is up to you — apply to wet hair for a pastel tone that washes out quicker, or apply to dry hair for a more intense tone that lasts longer. The color is most visible on pre-lightened/highlighted or blonde hair.

CRUELTY FREE | COLOR + KERATIN SAFE.  

$12.00
I decided that Saturday would be the night to try this out since I was going out with some of my favorite ladies.  I didn't want to go too bold with the color starting off, so I followed the instructions for a more "pastel" result.  I shampooed my hair using their purple shampoo like I normally would in the hopes of getting the best ash blonde tone that I could prior to using the tint.  After that I used a dry washcloth to get a lot of the moisture out of my hair.  I combed through my hair to make sure that tangles were out before spraying the tint on my hair.  The bottle instructs you to spray 4-6" inches away from the hair, so I did just that.  I sprayed and saturated my hair and let it stand for 2 mins.  After rinsing the tint out I conditioned using John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Restoring Conditioner.  When I got out of the shower I towel dried my hair, used a heat protectant and dried my hair as usual.

The results were subtle, but I am ok with that!  I knew I didn't want a drastic change, so I am happy that I went the lighter route this time.  I love the tone and would happily try this again and follow the instructions for a darker lavender result.

After this experience I am very tempted to try the Rose Gold tint.  Have you ever tried a temporary hair tint?  I would love to hear stories of your experience!  Comment below and tell me all about it!

1 comment

  1. Yes! I've used the Kristin Ess RoseGold and it's GREAT! I will take your advice and towel dry more this time. I'm also waiting for amethyst colour to come back in stock so I can try that one. Thank you, great pics and article!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.