Infinitely LOFT First Impression

March 9, 2020

So, I tried Infinitely LOFT rental service and here is my first impression...

I have been looking into clothing rental services for a few months and have never been able to pull the trigger.  For one reason or another there was something about the service that I didn't like.  Then I received an email from Loft telling me about their service called Infinitely LOFT.  According to their site:

All of this for the monthly cost of $64.95 (I have a referral link at the bottom to get you $20 off your first month if you are interested).  I am in the process of losing weight and making healthier choices for myself and have gotten to the point in my journey where my clothes are no longer fitting.  I don't want to continually buy clothing for my in-between sizes.  A lot of my professional wardrobe comes from Ann Taylor and Loft, so I know that I like their clothing and it fits my style.  I figured I would give this service a shot and see if it would work for my interim wardrobe.  The sign up was simple and the step-by-step to get to your first box was really user friendly.  

Once you sign up you start you build your clothing rack.  The service offers pieces from their Petite, Plus, Tall and Maternity lines, so it caters to a wide range of women.  I have found pieces from their Loft Collection as well as the Plus line and all have worked for me.  

When adding to your closet you can filter your search based on size and color or simply browse the entire collection.  There is also an option to shop for just Tops, Bottoms and Dresses (includes Jumpsuits and Rompers).  If you want to add an individual piece to your closet you click on the hanger icon at the top right of the photo and the options for size pop up and you can choose and then add.  Once they have been added they are considered to be "On-The-Rack."
My Infinitely LOFT "On-The-Rack"
Once "on-the-rack" you can choose to prioritize certain pieces.  This is a great feature if you are vacationing or have an event and need something specific.  I prioritized work appropriate dresses for my first box as I would be trying it out during a full work week.  I have other options on my rack for more casual outfits as well as work appropriate separates.

The options in their collections span different seasons, so if you see something that you like that isn't seasonally appropriate you can place items on hold.  I have a few things that I liked, but they really work best in Fall/Winter.  I have a few pieces currently on hold that I am interested in trying later this year if still available.
My Infinitely LOFT "On Hold"
You need to have at least 8 pieces on the rack in order to qualify for your first shipment, so once I hit that number Infinitely LOFT got to work to build my first box!  I signed up on Friday and received my first box the following Wednesday.  I would say that is great turnaround time!  Since there are unlimited exchanges I am curious to see how many boxes I can fit into one month.  

I received my email letting me know that my first box was on its way and what was going to be in it.  When I logged into my account I suddenly had items that were listed as "At Home."  The fun thing about this service is that if you like any of the items you have the option of keeping them and the purchase price is at a large discount compared to the regular retail site.

Since my box arrived on Wednesday I was planning on wearing the two dresses for work and then the bright sweater for a friend's birthday celebration dinner on Saturday.  It was perfect!  Obviously this is a rental service and the pieces have been worn before, but I was overall pleased with the state that they arrived in.  There was some obvious wear-and-tear on the two dresses; the hook and eye for one dress was missing and the keyhole in the back of the sweater dress was a little torn at the v, but on the whole they were in good condition.

I liked all three pieces, but decided not to purchase any of them at this time.  Ideally I would like to continue shrinking, so I don't need to buy anything right now.  The discounts that were offered were really great deals and I may take advantage in the future.  

Returning the pieces is super simple too!  They include a pre-paid envelope for returns in your box!  To save time, they suggest clicking "return item" on the site and they will then start working on your next box.  You can drop the package off at your nearest USPS dropbox and you are good to go!  

This is just my first impression, and obviously opinions can change, but at this time I am very pleased.  There are only a few things I would like to change after my initial experience
  1. I wish there was an app.  Having to log into the website over and over is really frustrating.  It would be really great if there was an app for easy access!
  2. I wish you could return things one at a time.  They only send you one pre-paid envelope for returns.  What if I really like something and I want to wear it more than once?  Well, then I'm not getting the other pieces until I return all three and that sort of stinks.
  3. Even though there is a "priority" setting for the items in your closet it isn't a guaranty that you will get all of them in your next box.  I set priority for the more cool weather pieces and only received 2 out of the 5+ that I chose.  I can imagine this may be frustrating if I want to pair separates together into an outfit and they don't send everything.

I will keep you guys updated on how future boxes go!  If you are interested in trying this service out you can click here for $20 off your first month!  I do get an incentive if you subscribe using my link.  Let me know if you sign up and I would love to hear your feedback!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.