#30DayButtLiftChallenge Part 2

February 18, 2019


Well guys... the 30 days has come and gone.  The challenge is complete!  I wasn't able to do the full 30 days because I ended up injuring my back while doing the bridges.  Embarrassing!  I tried to finish it out as best as I could, but lower back pain does not go well with squats or leg lifts!  The fact that I posted that I was doing the challenge in the first place is the only reason I continued to try with modifications.  You all were great motivation to keep going!

I found that I would forget in the mornings, and even during the day, so I would end up piling everything in the evenings around bed time.  I wasn't noticing any soreness until around day 19 when it started increasing a little more and the reps were going higher each day.  I also learned that I had the wrong squat form and was putting too much weight in my toes which was causing me to overcompensate in my back and causing the lower back pain to flare up even more.  This was a great learning experience for me!


Before:
1/13/19
This photo was a huge wake-up moment for me.  I really didn't want to post this (still kind of don't) and was embarrassed of what I had seen, but didn't want to hide it either.  I wasn't hiding it really-- I wear leggings all the time.   This is what people see, so it wasn't like this was a big secret!  Everyone always presents the "best" of themselves on social media and I am a perpetrator of only posting pictures that I think look good and maybe not always posting the most "realistic" portrayals of myself.  Who wants to show of the not great parts of themselves? Not me!  But I need to break that habit.  It isn't easy, but something that I need to do.


After:
2/17/19

Since my before photo I have been working out (with small breaks due to my back) and have lost 7lbs!  I have also been following the new WW Freestyle Program which has helped with the weight loss as well.  I didn't take measurements, but have noticed a slight difference.  I think that now that I know the proper form for squats and have learned a few other exercises that will help to target the specific areas I want to work on I will start to see more results.  Fitness is a journey and I am learning to be patient with that time.

I know there were a few other folks that were doing the 30 day challenge with me.  How did it go for you?  Please share in the comments below!  What kind of challenge should we do next?  Let's get this going!

2 comments

  1. I can see the difference! I'm doing WW as well! I need to get back to were I was when I left the Gramercy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been off and on with the WW program, but I need to stick with it this time! I would love to be where I was at The Gramercy! I wish we still worked together :( Miss you!

      Delete

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.