What's in my Gym Bag?

January 7, 2019

With the start of the new year we all want to stick to our goals.  Last year I joined a gym and was really good at going at least three times a week.  Well... I had a back injury and got out of the habit.  I am going to make it back to the gym and have my bag packed!

Before I started going to the gym I looked up a ton of blog posts and watched a bunch of different YouTube videos about what was in people's gym bags.  That may sound weird, but I wasn't an avid gym-goer and I wanted to know what other women thought were "necessary" items.  After I finished my research I went out and got everything I felt would be helpful for a successful trip to the gym.  I already had a few items, but added to them to complete my perfect gym bag.


1. Bag: The bag I have is from Fabletics and is no longer sold, but they have a ton of different options on their site.  Fabletics is an online subscription service that sells women's sportswear, footwear and accessories.  I love their outfits and have gotten a lot of great pieces and accessories from their monthly releases.  As a VIP member I am able to take advantage of monthly curated options in my online store with reduced pricing.  If you are interested in joining you can click the link:  Join the Fabletic Fun!

2. Blender Bottle: I am new to this world and am slowly learning which protein powders and which pre-workouts that I like (I really like the FitMiss Delight Vanilla Chai Protein Powder) and the blender bottle makes it so easy to take along with you!  I sometimes use iced coffee as my base and put the vanilla chai protein powder in as a morning boost!  I carry a few packets of the FitMiss Strawberry Margarita pre-workout in case I need an extra boost of energy and focus for my workout.

3. Headphones:  I like to listen to music or watch Netflix/YouTube while I'm on the treadmill/elliptical and I need a secure pair of headphones.  I'm not a huge fan of the bulkier pairs, but I know a lot of people like the larger, noise cancelling options to help them focus.  I am interested in getting a wireless pair for the New Year, so I am always open to suggestions!

4. Sneakers:  These are the Nike Women's Air Max Thea and when I was on the hunt for an olive green sneaker these caught my eye.  I became obsessed with the olive and faux leather signature Nike swoosh that I knew I had to get them. I like this pair not only for their looks, but also because they give me just enough support in my arches and still leave room to breathe.  I have a few other pairs, but these have been my recent go-to.

5. Extra pair of socks:  I usually get to the gym already in my socks and sneakers, but just in case I'm coming from somewhere else I pack extra.  I hate the standard black or white socks and usually opt for a brighter pair.  I also hate having to find matching pairs, so I found an incredible pack of socks that doesn't have a specific "mate" and I am never searching!  Great find!

6. Hair elastic: Again, I am usually going to be dressed and prepared for the gym including having my hair up in a pony, but there are always tragedies like broken hair ties! In case mine breaks or I need another one I always make sure I have some extras on hand.

7. Toiletries:  I used to hate the idea of waking up and going to the gym before work, but I have come around.  One thing that I let myself realize was that I could get ready for work at the gym when I was done!  When I'm done with my AM workout I like to take a shower and prefer to use my own products instead of the weird body wash/shampoo combo that the gym offers.  So, I fill empty travel sized bottles with my favorite shampoo & conditioner and bring a travel sized bottle of my favorite body wash (Rose Jam by LUSH USA).

8. Face/Body Wipes: For days that I am not going to work or somewhere specific after my workout I carry some wipes to quickly cleanse my face and body.  They smell like coconut and I love them!  They are nice to have for a quick refresh post-gym sesh! I got these from TJ Maxx for $3.99 and there are over 80 wipes per pack!  I would totally recommend looking through a Marshalls or TJ Maxx for great deals like this!

9.  Makeup:  On days that I do go to work I bring my makeup bag.  I have paired down my routine to include just the necessary products for a quick and simple daytime look.  I don't need too much for a regular day at work, so this bright travel bag by Tarte cosmetics was perfect!  I can fit everything and the tassels & pom-pom are adorable!

10.  Moisturizers:  For days that I am running errands post-gym I like to use a nice moisturizer after I've washed my face.  I am a huge fan of the Glamglow Glam Starter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow.  It smells amazing, moisturizes and leaves this incredible glow on the skin that is perfect for a post-workout face!  When I am feeling a little less flashy I use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice moisturizer.  It is light like a serum, but packs a big moisture punch.  Plus-- I get to smell like watermelon all day!

Along with the mentioned items above I bring a towel for my hair and a wrap for my body.  I have found that these items make my daily workout and morning routine that much easier.  If I am going to work I also pack my outfit for that day and my gym has a great dressing room area that leaves me no excuse to not do a morning workout! Is there anything that you have in your gym bag that I don't?  Let me know in the comments below and I may add them to mine!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.