2018 Holiday Gift Guide

November 12, 2018

Halloween is over and now begins the countdown to Christmas.  If my roommate had anything to do with it our house would be covered in lights, tree up and decorated and Christmas songs playing all day and night.  Sooooo... ha!  We are going to hold off on the decorating for right now, but it isn't too soon to start shopping!  I always have a hard time trying to decide what to get my friends and family or even what to ask for when someone asks for ideas!  I read so many blogs and watch so many YouTube videos for inspiration and figured that I could do the same for you guys!  Mine are going to be a bit more beauty-centric, so if that isn't your thing... well why are you here?

1. Jade Roller
Crystal Facial Roller $33
I have been interested in jade rollers since my cousin's lovely girlfriend bought one for my aunt.  I was intrigued and started researching what the benefits were for jade rolling.  What I was able to find through Ulta's site was that jade rolling:
  • Helps to stimulate collagen which helps to improve elasticity of the skin.
  • Reduces appearance of puffiness and wrinkles.
  • Aids in lymphatic drainage.
  • Helps to eliminate toxins.
  • Tightens pores since the crystal remains cold even when in direct contact with the skin.
This all sounded amazing to me, but I wasn't willing to cough up the $32 for something that I wasn't sure about.  Holiday season is the best time to ask for this!  It is something that I wouldn't normally buy myself, but something that I am incredibly interested in trying!  Do you jade roll?

2. Philosophy Fresh Cream Gift Set
Philosophy Fresh Cream Gift Set $32
When I tell you this is one of my favorite scents in the world... girl!  I learned about Fresh Cream from my friend Ashley when she was up visiting for my birthday a few years ago.  She put on the body lotion and my nose was immediately attracted.  It smelled like the most amazing freshly whipped cream, vanilla deliciousness.  It isn't sickeningly vanilla like some scents (I'm talking about you Vanilla Fields) or like a cakey vanilla.  I'm telling you it is so good!  This set comes with everything you need-- body wash/bubble bath, hand cream, body lotion and a body spray!  This scent goes a long way and so does the product.  Great gift!

3. Beauty Blender
Beauty Blender Sweet Surprise Mystery Blind Bag $20
Beauty Blenders are my all time favorite beauty sponge.  I have tried a lot of different brands and liked a lot of them, but none of them are as good as my beauty blender.  Only problem is that they are $20 a piece!  That is expensive and, while I love them, I'm not always willing to pay that much when I can get another sponge that I like for $7.  The great thing about this gift is that it comes with a solid beauty blender cleanser!  The cleanser is the only product that seems to get my beauty blenders clean, so this is a great bonus!

3. Sephora Holiday Perfume Sampler
Sephora Holiday Perfume Sampler $65
This is a gift set that I never buy myself, but it is such a great idea!  You get 15 perfume samples and can try all of them out before deciding which is your perfect scent!  I have a weird body chemistry and perfumes never smell the same on me as they do on other people, so getting to test them out before committing is ideal.  I guess my pheromones are just too strong!  Once you decide which is your favorite you can bring in the certificate that comes with the set and trade it in for a full size bottle!  Are you kidding!?  Such a great idea for a gift!

4. Tatcha Skincare for Makeup Lovers
Tatcha Skincare for Makeup Loves Obento Box $64
This is my favorite gift on this list!  I am a HUGE fan of the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist & the Silk Canvas primer by Tatcha, but I flat out REFUSE to pay the exorbitant prices!  A full size of the skin mist is $48 and a full size primer is $52-- insanity.  This kit includes a FULL SIZE bottle of the skin mist and travel sized Silk Canvas primer, Water Cream and Violet-C Radiance face mask.  These products last a long time, so the travel sizes are perfect!  I want this set, so if anyone that is gifting me this holiday season is reading-- keep this in mind!

5. Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Vault Collection
Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Vault Collection $15/each or $49 for full collection

I mentioned my love for the original Jaclyn Hill palette with Morphe Cosmetics in my last post (My Current Makeup Routine) and this is another collaboration between them.  These four eyeshadow palettes include 40 original shadows that Jaclyn created with Morphe Costmetics that did not make it into her first palette.  She loved the shadows so much that she decided to release a separate vault collection and broke them up into 4 color families.  You can buy each palette on its own for $15 or you can buy the whole collection for $49.  I personally own three of the four palettes (still need Dark Magic in case anyone is asking) and love them all!  The pigmentation and quality is incredible and the price point is even better!  Great gift idea for someone who is building their makeup collection or an established makeup fanatic like myself!
SO PRETTY!
I've covered a wide range of skin care, beauty accessories, bath & body, and cosmetics.  Hopefully this list helps with some gift giving ideas for your friends and family!  Do you have any ideas for gifts this holiday season?  Let me know below in the comments if you have any great ideas or if you are having a hard time finding a gift for someone in your life and need some advice!  Happy Holidays everyone!



2 comments

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.