Makeup Collection: Eyeshadow Palette Edition

November 19, 2018


My name is Carlye, and I am a makeup-aholic.  It's true.  I can't stop myself sometimes!  My biggest weakness is eyeshadow palettes.  I went through and counted 18 (and that isn't even all of them!) that I have in a semi-regular rotation.  I don't wear eyeshadow daily, but when I go out or have a special occasion I like to have options!  So, without further ado, meet my girls!

Too Faced "Sweet Peach"
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
"A new take on neutrals featuring fresh-picked shades of peachy pinks, corals, bronzes, and pops of purples that will have you looking sweet as a peach year-round." -Too Faced
This is my one and only palette from the brand Too Faced.  It was incredibly hyped up on social media and I couldn't wait to try it.  I may have set an alarm on my phone to wake up at 3am to buy it online.  I know-- crazy!  I was able to get my hands on it before it sold out during the initial release and I was so excited!  The colors are gorgeous and it smells AMAZING.  Peach deliciousness in every dip!  I have used this palette so much and still haven't hit pan on any of the shadows!  I love that it is such a easy palette to travel with.  The packaging is great and durable.  I love the neutral colors that can be used for every day looks and that there are options to help punch up a look for a more sultry, smoky evening look.  I love this palette!

Buxom Cosmetics "Look All You Want"
Buxom "Look All You Want" Palette

This was part of a holiday gift set.  I received this and have only used it a few times.  The neutral color at the end of the palette is a great transition shade.  I haven't found many neutral shades that work in my crease because I am so fair skinned.  A lot of them tend to look muddy on me or are too warm.  This one is the perfect balance.  I like the other shades, but it isn't a palette that I gravitate to all the time.  I think I need to play around with it a little more!

Buxom Cosmetics Create Your Own Using Single Bar Shadows
Buxom Cosmetics Single Bar Shadows
L-R: Diamond Darling, Pure Platinum, Jetsetter, La La Lavish, LBD, Patent Leather
Another Buxom Cosmetics palette!  I created this one on my own using their bar single shadows.  My goal was to create a palette that could be used for a cool-toned, metallic, smoky eye look.  Specific goals-- I know! But, this black eyeshadow is one of the best black shadows that I have used.  It is pigmented and builds beautifully.  It's perfect to deepen an eye look!  I can do a sleek silver eye or a deep, vampy, gunmetal purple eye-- beautiful colors!

Makeup Geek X MannyMUA
Makeup Geek X MannyMUA
This was my first purchase from Makeup Geek and my first purchase of a collaboration between a cosmetic brand and a beauty YouTuber.  I had watched MannyMUA's videos as well as the owner of Makeup Geek, Marlena, for a while on YouTube.  I was intrigued by the warmer tones and the duo-chrome options, so I decided to pull the trigger.  I have made some really fun looks with this palette, but it isn't one that I reach for regularly.  I need to bring those warm transition shades back into my life!  This palette was a limited edition release and is, unfortunately, no longer available.  Makeup Geek does still offer the shadows individually, so you can build your own palette if you like the colors!

Morphe Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill "Vault Collection"
Morphe X Jaclyn Hill Vault Collection
Bling Boss, Armed & Gorgeous, Ring The Alarm
I have mentioned these palettes before in my 2018 Holiday Gift Guide.  They are part of a four-piece collection called "The Vault."  These are all colors that Jaclyn Hill created that didn't make it into her original Morphe collaboration (see below).  I love them because they are broken into specific color families.  It makes life so much easier when you can see a set of colors and make a look from them.  I sometimes look at the larger palettes and feel overwhelmed with the amount of colors and possibilities.  The formulas of the shadows are incredibly creamy and pigmented without a huge amount of fall out.

Anastasia Bevery Hills "Subculture"
Anastasia of Beverly Hills Subculture Palette

This palette was released with some controversy in the online beauty community.  It was hyped up on social media and then when the beauty influencers received their palettes they weren't finding them to perform like other ABH shadows had.  They complained that they weren't blendable and that they had a ton of fall out.  To be honest, these reviews kept me from buying the palette in the beginning!  Over time I saw a few reviews that said that they liked the product I was interested in trying it out, but wasn't ready to fork over the full price.  I ended up finding the palette in TJMaxx for half the price and decided to add it to my collection.  I had watched so many videos and seen so many looks that I wanted to play with it immediately.  I liked it!  I didn't find that I had any issues with the blending of the shadows.  It did have quite a bit of fall out, but that doesn't bother me.  I actually find that a lot of ABH shadows have a good bit of fall out, so it isn't anything new to me.  The palette doesn't have colors that I would normally gravitate towards, but they are beautiful and I can't want to play more!
Colors used: Axis, Edge, New Wave and Electric
Anastasia Beverly Hills "Modern Renaissance"
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette

ABH Modern Renaissance is the only palette like this that I own.  I have a few (more than necessary-- I know) warm palettes, but none like this.  It has some of the most beautiful reds and pinks that I have ever used!  The shadows are pigmented and bold and create some of the most romantic eye looks I've ever seen.  I am not disappointed by an ABH shadow and think this is an excellent addition to anyone's makeup collection.

Urban Decay Naked Palette Collections
My over the top Urban Decay Naked Collection
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
I love this palette.  It is a more neutral palette and is a perfect starter piece for any makeup lover.  I think there is a nice balance of matte and shimmer shades.
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
I was so excited about the release of this palette.  I loved the cooler-toned pinks and mauves.  Another very romantic shade range and would make the perfect Valentine's Day date look!

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette (discontinued)
This palette has the perfect name-- Smoky!  You have everything you need to create the perfect neutral smoky eye.

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette
My FAVORITE Naked palette!  I don't know if you have been able to tell from this post, but I love a warm-toned color range!
Colors Used: Sauced, Low Blow, He-Devil, En Fuego, Ashes, Lumbre, Scorched

Morphe Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill
Morphe X Jaclyn Hill

I talked about my love for this palette in my Current Makeup Routine post.  This is my go-to palette and the one that I travel with everywhere I go.  I don't know if you could tell by looking at her-- poor thing is so dirty (I mean loved).  It is the most versatile palette that I own.  You can create a neutral day look, a smoky evening look, or a bright, colorful look.  Literally anything you want!  Combine this palette with the rest of her vault collection and you don't need anything else!

Morphe Cosmetics 35 Shadow Palettes
Morphe Cosmetics 35D Palette (disconinued)
"Dark smoky palette is a vast collection of seductive, sultry and striking shades for a captivating smoky eyed look.  From deep indigo and violet hues to iconic grey, taupe and dark neutral colors, this palette is a must have for any makeup pro or novice alike.  Designed to create dimesion and impact, this coveted eyeshadow palette offers a variety of finishes and each shade can be applied wet or dry for various intensities." -Morphe Cosmetics

Morphe Cosmetics 35O Palette
"From cooler grey-toned browns to fiery sunset colors, this palette is a beautiful mix of wearable warm neutrals that give you effortles versatility whether you are after a daytime look or full-on glam.  The perfect balance of matte and shimmery finishes make it a go-to for makeup lovers at every skill level.  Get everything you need to highlight, blend and transition without ever wearing the same look twice." -Morphe Cosmetics

Morphe Cosmetics 35N Palette
"A natural matte eye look is easy, effortless and works for any occasion.  This palette has versatile, complimentary shades and lets you create endless combinations that can be subtle or more dramatic with a high quality, pigmented formula that is super easy to blend." -Morphe Cosmetics

I obviously have an unhealthy relationship with Morphe Cosmetics.  No one needs seven eyeshadow palettes from one brand.  Girl!  But, I love them all and use them for different looks.  Each one serves a purpose for me.

I understand that this probably seems like a lot to some people.  Trust me-- it's a lot to me too!  I just love makeup!  Do you have a go-to palette that you use?  Share your favorites below!  Let me know if you want to see any other portions of my makeup collection.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.