10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

December 24, 2018


Remember those old "Random Facts About Me" posts on Facebook?  I used to love reading those about my friends and family.  You may know someone, but you may not know everything about them.  Each person has weird quirks or things that make them unique and interesting.  I love to learn about those things!

So, here are 10 things you probably didn't know about me:

One.
I have my iPhone apps organized by color, ROY G BIV, and it makes me inordinately pleased.  I also hate the little red notification dots and will clear them as soon as I see them.  I don't understand the people who have notifications all over their screens-- so crazy!
It is a lot of apps... I know.
  
Two.
I have a weakness for orange foods/snacks.  I love cheese puffs, Cheetos, carrots, sweet potatoes, orange soda, cheddar cheese... the list goes on!  I happen to believe that orange snacks and a cozy day on the couch can cure anything!
Three.
I love going to the movies.  Luckily I found a roommate that loves to go to the movies as much as I do.  I love the comfy chairs that recline. I love the snacks. I love popcorn that has been perfectly layered with butter. I love being in a theater full of people laughing or crying over the same moment.  It is one of my favorite things!  I am also a sucker for a romantic comedy.  I see almost every single one when it comes out.  Don't even get me started on the fact that I hadn't experienced a Cinebistro until last year.  What?! Those are incredible!  A full meal, booze and a movie?! Nothing better!
Four.
My mom has two sisters and I have lived with both of them.  I am close with both of them and am incredibly grateful for the time that I have gotten with each of them.  I got a little personality from all three of the sisters and consider myself an Abbott girl blend!
Five.
If I am making a trip home to the Eastern Shore of MD I am either stopping on the way there, on the way back, or even both ways at Dairy Queen.  It is a must!  I need my DQ chicken finger basket and mini blizzard fix!  I understand that there are DQs everywhere, and I can get this fix any time that I want, but there is something about my trip to and from the shore that makes me crave it almost immediately when I get in the car.  My favorite blizzard flavor is Cotton Candy because I am a child.  This is a perfect segue into fact #6...
Six.
Cotton candy is quite possibly my favorite flavor.  I will choose it if it is an option in almost any situation.  Promise.  My go-to order at Coldstone Creamery is: Cotton Candy flavored ice cream (yes, it's blue), mini chocolate chips, rainbow sprinkles and whipped cream mixed in.  Having it mixed in makes a difference-- it makes it fluffier and creamier.  Again, I know I am a child.
Seven.
Dill pickles and milk is one of my favorite snacks.  When anyone hears this they immediately assume "pregnancy cravings," but I have loved this since I was little.  I remember walking around with a pickle wrapped in paper towel (so as to avoid dripping-- duh) and drinking a glass of ice cold milk.  To me, the dill brings out a sweetness in the milk that I love.  I know-- gross, right?  No!  I love it!
Eight.
On the count of three name the worst flavor in runts... ready? One.  Two. Three.  Did you say banana?  I know-- everyone hates it.  Well it is my favorite.  I love that Candy Kitchen actually sells each individual flavor of runts on it's own and that I can get an entire bag of banana.  Love them!
Nine.
My Dad's homemade tacos are in my top three favorite meals of all time (Mom's spaghetti is in there too).  They are a Guthrie family tradition and my birthday meal request every single year.  I, sadly, have a record of 10 tacos in one sitting, but am also oddly proud.  They are the best tacos and if you are ever lucky enough to attend my Guthrie family birthday dinner and have tacos you will not be sorry!
9 delicious homemade tacos
Ten.
I am food motivated.  You know, like a puppy.  You can get me to do almost anything if there is a promise of yummy food or drinks afterwards!  I was looking back through this list about me and realized that 6 out of the first 9 are about food.  Shocking!  My Dad has used his tacos as a sort of bribe to get me to come to the shore before.  It doesn't take much guys-- just snacks, good company and laughs and I am a happy girl!

I'm a big weirdo and I hope you are enjoying reading and getting to know me a little bit better.  Like I said, I love reading things like this about other people and hope you do to.  If not, then skip this one lol... although if you got to this point its a little late for that, isn't it?  Tricked ya!  Let me know below if anything of these random things about me are you too!  I love bonding over weirdness and food!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagram Posts

© Lashes & Leggings. Design by FCD.